Upgrade Your Locks Today!
We can install new high-security locks on your home or business. We can even upgrade your security with a keypad, keyless door lock system or card pass entry system. Call Now!
Install high security locks
Upgrade your home and business locks with high security electronic door locks. No more forgetting or losing keys. Keyless entry systems eliminate the need for making new keys or rekeying door locks for employees. You can also provide different codes and access restrictions for different individuals. We can change door locks, install new locks, handles and electronic deadbolts at your business, office or home.
Deter would be thieves and burglars by making more difficult for them to enter your home and business. While no lock is 100% effective from a determined professional burglar, most are just looking for easy targets with lax security. What the video on this page to see how one of our locksmith technicians demonstrates how quickly and easy they are able to pick a lock on a door with an older, less-secure lock!
What are high security locks?
High security locks can be a broad term but are generally defined as “locks that provide increased resistance to compromise.” The following are general charateristics of high secirity locks as outline and referenced from LockWiki:
- Restrictive Keyways – The use of complex keyways to make it harder to insert and maneuver tools within the lock and be able to pick the lock.
- Key Control – The ability to control and limit the duplication and distribution of keys for a lock by having key bows and warding patterns that are patent protected to prevent unauthorized duplication. Keys to high security locks generally require a security card or code and require a specialized key cutting machine.
- Key Differs – High security locks traditionally offer a very high number of real and theoretical key differs to prevent cross keying and allow for complex master keying configurations.
- Manipulation Resistance – Most high-security locks have components designed to resist manipulation from lockpicking and decoding attacks.
- Destructive/Forced Entry Resistance – All high-security locks use strong materials and designs that make them resistant to destructive entry techniques.
While a lot of lock you may purchase at your local hardware store may claim to be “high-security” it’s recommended that you check the security rating of the lock. If you’re not sure of you lock security rating you can talk to one of our locksmith technicians and they can help make sure you are getting a lock that is truly a high security lock.